1990 300SE Cruise Control flaky

I have just bought a 1990 300SE and the Cruise Control rarely works. Sometimes it decides to accelerate to the prior speed, too! I set it at

35mph and it climbs to 65mph and then stays there, as if that is the speed I have set. Sometimes it will brake by itself at 60mph. All in all something is *very* wrong.

I have looked online at parts and have seen the following Cruise Control parts: Amplifier $257; Actuator $223; Switch $45.

Any suggestions as to what I probably need?

Pete

Reply to
Peter Bassett