320ce

I've heard conflicting stories about whether there is such a vehicle as a

320CE... can anyone direct me to an authoritative answer?
Reply to
maxx

Camille

This is as I understand it.

c124 coupes introduced March 87 4 cylinder 230CE AND 6 cylinder 300CE.

additional model -6 cylinder 24 valve 3 litre engined model 300CE-24 added in1989.

1992 new multi valve engines arrived with 2 models 4 cylinder 220CE and 6 cylinder 320CE replacing previous 3 models. These lasted only for about a year!!!! until they were face lifted,[ new headlights and clear glass direction indicators are best external features] and rebadged as E220 COUPE and E320 COUPE till end of run 1996. So the answer to your question is yes there was a 320CE for about one year 1993. see Mercedes-Benz a collectors guide vol 4 the 1980s by JAMES TAYLOR ISBN 0-947981-77-2
Reply to
Graeme Robertson

Coupes sold between 94-95 were badged at the end of the run as 320CE. P.

Reply to
pkmaven