350SE M116 v8 - idle popping problem

Don't know how these CIS mechanical injections systems work, but do have a manual decribing the basics. Anyway the car will start without too much of a problem, but when you try and accelerate the air plate "pops" like a backfire sound. The acceleration is also not smooth. To me it sounds like an air leak somewhere in the system, but I cannot see anything obvious. From what I can assertain, the pop in the air plate is from the engine running too lean???? and air leak causing the injectors not to richen and keep up the fuel delivery??? Something like that??

Can someone confirm my theory or suggest a possible cause and solution. I have recently replaced the fuel filter, but have had this problem prior to this.

Thanks

TEX

Reply to
TEX