Electric window relay problem

Please can anyone help with this one.

My brother's 1994 C180 has gone through four batteries, after failing to start up.

He had the Alternator tested, and it was found to be ok.

After having the car looked at by two auto electricians, he was told there was a problem with the relay for the electric windows.

He tried a new relay, but it was still the same.

As soon as you plug the relay in, it clicks. ( indicating a permanent connection somewhere along the line )

When he got the car, neither rear window was working, so he took the motors apart and fixed the brushes.

All switches and motors seem to be working perfect.

To try and find the problem, he's disconnected the cables to the rear doors (switches & motors ), but the relay is still getting power permanently sent to it from somewhere else.

Anyone have any idea on what else to look at ?

I noticed that when he activated the windows, there was a clicking noise from the black box at the side of the battery, but we haven't looked at that yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Reply to
johnny_the_fixer