Flickering Elecrtics C series

Hi I have a C270 CDI 2002 (Estate). The instrument panel and lights radio all. flicker when driving. It sometimes settles. A meter across the battery reads between 13- 14.5. The needle flickers constantly

Im obviously reluctant to put on a new alternator at £500.00 + labour. My garage says it may last this way for years but thinks it is an alternator problem.

Has anyone had a similar experience

Thanks

Sam

Reply to