How much is this gonna cost me?

I have a 95 C280 with 120K miles. On a hot day, after the car has been driven for a while (1 hour) with the AC running, the side vents near the windows start putting out heat instead of AC. This is radiator heat, not just outside air. The inside vents continue to put out cold air. I am afraid that I am going to create a toronado inside my car. I can shut the side vents off, but some hot air still comes out and the center AC is not enough to keep the car cool.

Overall, the car has had a lot of annoying minor problems that cost more to fix than they are worth. This is the first serious problem (other than a complete transmission and rearend replacement under warranty) that makes the car undrivable (in the south in summer) I don't want to spend a lot of money to fix this. If it's serious, I'm thinking it's time to turn Japanese.

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

Tim Addington