Is An SLK Eye Catching

Hello,

Do you think an SLK - the model with an automatic retratable roof - is equally eye catching as Porsche 911s or Boxsters? I realize that opinions are subjective, but thought that I'd get some input.

Thank you in advance ...

Reply to
williammaw

No,SLK looks like a mini-submarine.

Reply to
CaptainW116

Interesting comparison. We have a more lively discussion at

Please join us there.

Cheers ...

Reply to
williammaw

I have a 2001 SLK == just love it -- wouldn't own anything else!!

Reply to
TRazz7

Hi My humble and very subjective opinion: The R170 (old model until 2004) was not (eye catching) The R171 (2004- ) is .

Though I would not compare it to a 911, it can/could be competing the Boxter, the BMW Z4 and the Nissan Z . Regards Max (owning an SLK 280)

Reply to
Max

Assuming that you are referring to the 2005 models; that's what R171 stands for I guess. To a degree I agree with you; the 2005 R171 has quite a spetacular styling. However, the older generation R170 still looks good after the novelty had worn off. They stood well through time, which we still don't know yet for the R171 (the 2005 model). I can't afford a 2005 model anyway, so works fine for me.

Sure, I think you are right about the 911 not belonging to the club, though they are good cars in their own way. I'll take it off the list.

Cheers ...

Reply to
williammaw