ml320 starter cost me $1,060!!!

My on going nightmare of problems continue w/ my 98 ml320 w/ 65,000 miles. As if the non ending rattles & squeeks arent enough, i just got a quote on a starter that needs to be replaced at $1,060!!!! $600 for the starter & over $400 to replace it. Insane! The dealer said that it requires 5 hours of labor to replace it. I have to sell this pile of junk before i set fire to it. 3 months ago i had the 4 wheel drive differential replaced at a tune of $2,050. A vehicle that costs this much & w/ 65,000 miles on it shouldnt be having this many problems. Mercedes should be embarassed selling crap like this. I will buy a Kia or a Hyundia w/ there 10 year warranty & sell this lemon asap. Mercedes SUCK!!!!!

Reply to
jjW

You are getting ripped!!! A "OE" starter LIST for $401.00 and a Bosch reman unit list for $297.00. I don't have my labor guide here but even the labor sounds steep. I'll check on it tomorrow and let you know what the SRT time is on that replacement You need to check with another shop and get an estimate. Don't blame the vehicle for the actions of the shop.....

Reply to
Gemini