Problem Getting Deposit From Smythe Mercedes - Finally Got It

I walked in and got this check around three weeks ago, and a couple of weeks ago I was sure it had gone through (the name had a minor misspelling, and a two year old address was used). I guess a lot of folks who responded were right. I should have pushed harder sooner, not just before I planned to leave town. On the other hand, the deposit was for an ML (not a specific one), and at the time I told them I was not then interested, I was told they would have no problem selling their inventory. They (the ML's, not Smythe :-)) were pretty hot even then.

Regards, Gerard

> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "George Grapman" > Newsgroups: >

alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.mercedes,ba.consumers,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 3:52 PM > Subject: Re: Problem Getting Deposit From Smythe Mercedes > > > > Tell them they have 5 business days to get a check to you or you will > > file a complaint with the DMV. Most DMV offices have an enforcement > > division. It is usually hidden in the back or upstairs but anyone can > > direct you there. > > A number of years ago I made deposit with a Honda dealer with a set > > date for delivery (the day after the next ship was arriving). Another > > Honda dealer that I had visited called me to ask if I had made a > > purchase yet. When I told him the details he said that the next ship was > > not due until two days after I was supposed to get my car. When i > > determined this was true and found a better and more immediate deal from > > this dealer I called the first place to cancel the deal. > > Promises and excuses followed. the sales rep who sold me my car made > > the DMV suggestion. Two days after I filed the complaint a refund arrived. > >
Reply to
gerard.gold