Re: Tell me if I runined the look of the CLK

I will be very very honest with you. I don't trust a Mercedes around a corner at high speeds at all. I have this and a 350Z... yes orange and apples but boy I wanted more stickiness on the roads. The handling now is 7 times better. I can actually tell.... and Hear freaky enough... these are 18X9 and 18x10. I asked what people think because I am getting a (tacky effect) price degrade effect from people. I see people stare and point. but they are not Mercedes users. But I at first thought it gave the car so much elegance.

Cosmetically, not really (if you like chrome that is, as a rule I don't like > chrome, but it appears that many people do). My only worry is about adverse > effects on handling. What size are those? > Richard > > Is this over kill? Thanks. > > > > > > > >
Reply to
KINGLIFER

I actually think they aren't that bad then. From the pic, I thought they were 20 or something, and that would hurt handling, but 18 is good. I wonder why you would get a price degrade. Someone could buy the car, sell these wheels, but new Benz wheels, and have cash left. Richard

Reply to
marlinspike

Reply to
marlinspike

Well, to begin with, the CLKs were not designed to be a great handlers...then again most MBs aren't (AMG excluded).

You might want to go here (if you aren't already):

Most of the guys that upgrade their wheels upgrade the suspension.

Because they want better handling cars as well, but you give up the MBs classic ride comfort.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
KINGLIFER