Re: Unleaded Gas in W126 by Accident

Only prolong use of low grade petrol will damage your engine. It wouldn't damage your engine for only one tank if you drive gently.

Well, since there hasn't been a W126 produced in the past 8 years, warranty

problems aren't a factor. An occasional tank of regular unleaded by accident > probably won't cause harm but premium is a recommended. > > If it rattles with the tank of accidental regular, just remember to get the > higher grade next time. > > Which model is it? > > > Mercedes-Benz USA states in their Service and Warranty Information Book > > that they may deny an emission related claim if it can establish that the > > failure or the malfunction of an emission control system part results > > directly from the use of non-premium low octane fuel in the engine (i.e. > > fuel with an anti-knock index of below 91 as displayed on the fuel pump). > > Saving a few bucks in the short term may be more costly in the long run. > The > > Federal Emissions Warranty is 8 years/80,000 miles. > > > > >

> ~~~ > > > Just bought a 1990 300SE after many years of an Audi 4000S and I love > it! > > > Silly me, with my last fill-up I used Regular Unleaded 87 octane instead > > of > > > Premium 93 octane, which Mercedes says is required. > > > > > > So far it is running OK - just wondering if there will be long-term > > > effects, or if this is actually a scam and 87 octane is perfectly OK for > > > this car. > > > > > > With gas prices above $2.00 for a gallon of 93 octane, it would make a > big > > > difference if 87 is fine. > > > > > > Thanks! > > > Pete > > > > > >
Reply to
admin

You can do like I do when I let me son get gas one time and buy some octane booster. You can get it at any auto supply place. Keeps you from pinging so you can keep driving it like it was meant to be driven.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Jeffcoat

Thanks! Learn something every day.