Truck Diesel vs. Auto Diesel

I drive a 1990 300D 2.5 Turbo

I filled up on the road a couple of weeks ago at a truck stop and while I had to hold the nozzle in place (it was too big around to fit in the fuel neck, the car ran superb, with no chatter at startup, even when cold.

Well, I burned that tank and refilled at the local Auto Diesel place. The chatter is back.

What's the difference in fuel? Is there a disadvantage to finding truck fuel over auto fuel?

Also, the truck fuel was Speedway, while the Auto fuel was Marathon.

I've noticed this before, but I thought it was a brand-name thing. Now that I remember, the quieter fuel was always the truck-stop grade.

Tim

Reply to
None