Trying to decide between two SLs

I'm trying to decide between two R129s. It's a nice problem to have.

Both are 1994, have about 50000 miles on the clock, are marked at the same price and are overall in excellent condition. I'll try to spell out the differences:

The dark (charcoal?) grey one: Badged as 600SL. Very slight paint scrape on rear edge of driver's door.

The silver one: Badged as SL600. Slightly flaking alloys. Slight scuffing on driver's seat side and bottom bolsters. Wooden steering wheel. Rear seat.

Which is correctly badged? I'm worrying about a past rear-ender, although there is no obvious sign.

Is one clearly more desirable than the other from my description? I'm experienced with cars, but new to R129s. I've provisionally agreed the silver, as I think it shows off the lines of the car better, although now I'm thinking the dark grey is so understated and cool. Also I know the rear seats are crap, but I'm thinking they might be useful in emergencies.

NB The dealer will connolise the driver's seat bolster, and refurb the alloys, as part of the deal, so it's the same price for either car. If I changed my mind to go for the dark grey, I think he might touch up the paint on the door - it's really tiny.

I'm getting a little concerned that a car with these defects may have been badly maintained, and be more likely to have defects elsewhere. I mean, flaking alloys on a Merc? Also I remember in my old XJS how a little leather seat scuffing quickly got worse, although that was a Jaguar of course.

Is one clearly more desirable than the other from my description? Do I change my mind and go for the dark grey? All advice gratefully received, my head is spinning a little.

Reply to
Topper.Doggle