What to buy..

Hi!

New to the world of Mercedes, and newbie in this newsgroup - looking for your oppinions.

I am in the market for buying a used MB from 1995 - W124 series - stationcar. Either the 280TE or the 320TE - because a friend recommend v6 engines for moving such a big car.

However, there are two things I am confused about before moving in to actually buying:

a) Why did he not recommend the 300TE as well? b) Should I choose Diesel instead of Gasoline models, and if so - the 250D or 300D?

I am choosing the 1995 vintage, as I am told this was the last year before corrosion problems started to be apparent on 1996 models.

All input appreciated, Helge

Reply to
Helge Tengstedt