02 ML320 & IPOD

I have always been frustrated that the CD changer in this car only shuffles songs, not CDs.

I am wondering if it's possible to disconnect the CD player then wire speaker out connections from my IPOD to the CD In connections on the back of the main unit.

Any help appreeciated before I take it to the local auto stereo shop or Mercedes.

Thanks Steve

Reply to
Steven Hogue

The MCS does not have any AUX inputs. All the audio devices (such as the rear-mounted CD changer) are connected via the proprietary D2B fiber optic interface. There is a company selling a simple audio-only interface to D2B that would replace the CD changer. I don't have a link handy, but you might want to join the forum at

and search there. Most ML owners that want to integrate an auxiliary audio device have used either an FM modulator or a cassette adapter. I installed a rear-seat DVD player and overhead screen using a cassette adapter. I do not have the NAV or in-dash CD player, so I removed the blank cover inside the MCS and routed the wire through the MCS housing to make it a more neat installation.

Look here for details on a pretty neat iPod installation (I believe this guy used an FM modulator, but also put in a switch to kill the OTA antenna which helped with RF interference):

Rodney T. Grill