05 C230 Sport Kompressor C/S driving mode

What really is the difference between the "C" driving mode and the "S" driving mode?
Which will be for faster acceleration?

my slk has the W and S settings, The W setting is for winter driving and it starts at second gear (which prvents slipping and sliding) and the S stands for summer or Sport driving, whchever, and this one starts in first gear.
As you have probably read in your manual C is for Comfort and S is for standard.
In Comfort mode the the transmission shifts up earlier and does not apply full throttle. Ergo Standard mode is the best for acceleration.
Ash

you've already seen the explanation, however I always thought that 'S' stood for 'sport'.... mind you the difference is minor at best... as previously explained. In my B class I notice it holds that rpm at about 3k rather than 2k... big deal
cheers