'05 E320 CDI or '99 E300 TD

choices choices. In canadian $ the former can be had for around $60k while the latter for around $30k with 200k km while the former is around 50k km. Sure would like to save the difference in $'s but is it neccesarily
wise in the long term?
Comments?
cheers, guenter
On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 11:47:55 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca (Guenter Scholz) wrote:

are obsolete
WARNING: NEVER USE 1800FLOWERS.COM They can't deliver as promised
I would buy the CDI... only if it has the HID headlight... those thing are so cool that when you turn, the headlight turns with you so you can see the corner.
The price for the 99 is too high ...
Go to edmunds.com to get the general idea what that car is worth... I know it is not Canadian but it should be close enough of a range... considering in US the cars tend to be fully loaded.
No, the headlight does not move. The foglight on the side you are turning to lights up.

Really? So you are saying this is like Hella Dynaview system?
thanks for the inputs ... I imagine sticker shock for the CDI will wear off fairly quickly .... by the way, is MB's CDI (which I think I understand) related at all to VW's TDI approach?
cheers, guenter

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 17:41:05 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca (Guenter Scholz) wrote:

WARNING: NEVER USE 1800FLOWERS.COM They can't deliver as promised
    thanks for that. Having looked into it a bit further I tend to agree with you. Hwoever, what does give me some pause is that VW uses a mechanical injection timing system compared to the computer driven one my MB .... and we all have come to appreciate the computer/electrical glitches that show up when the car ages a bit. Both, the latest TDI (PD variant) and the CDI of course otimize injection quantities etc via electronics...\
- cheers, guenter