'05 SL500 driver door won't unlock!

I have to lower the window to unlock from the outside. Anyone else having same prob???
Figaro

I've seen this. in the 500sl I saw, it was the locking mechanism that had to be replaced. the vacuum assy is also prone to not work. for both being replaced it was about $1000 plus labor.
Ah, the joy of owning a MB these days - unreliable, prone to electrical problems, etc.
I have a 1982 300 TDT. The speedometer does not hold steady, but instead jerks. It's worse at low speeds. Yesterday it was jumping from 5 mph to 60 mph when I was going about 5 mph.
I have recently replaced the speedometer cable with a new aftermarket cable and also replaced the original speedometer which had 423,000 miles on it with one with 332,000 miles on it. Neither of these replacements has solved the problem.
Any ideas? It is somewhat inconsistent as sometimes the speedometer runs smoothly, but not very often anymore. At 60 mph usually the "bounce" is only a few mph, but it's enough to make the cruise control oscillate. Could it be a worn gear of some kind in the transmission? And if so, what would be involved in changing it?
Thanks.
Paul Fretheim

I would take the car to a locksmith that does auto work. You probably have a disconnected linkage that is easy to put back in working order. Should be less than an hour.
--
Roger Shoaf