Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

mer
I like it

1986 300e
Suddenly my 300e won't go into Drive. It goes into the lower gears just fine. There is a little grit in the AT fluid. Been serviced regularly. The only thing I noticed before this was a slight...
8
8

'79 240D Ring Gear repaired
I post this in case it's useful for anyone else with this problem. I posted earlier about the ring gear slipping on the flywheel to which it is attached by friction fit. The ring gear was not cracked...
3
3

My makeshift idle valve
My custom idle valve, check it out. It worked for me. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd-sdl-class/1343613-my-custom-idle-valve.html#post2585366

Buying a used w124 station. Any advice?
Hello all, I used to own a '88 230 TE, but I sold it last year because the car had some serious trouble (broken fuel injection), and lacked some accessories I wanted on it. However, I miss driving...
16
16

Checklist for 240D purchase?
Hi, I'm a newbie here... been lurking a while to see if I could learn a little before asking too many stupid questions. I'm interested in joining the ranks of "classic diesel" owners, and have located...
13
13

Re: NEVER BUY WALMART'S BATTERIES OR YOU WILL BE SORRY
You are full of crap. Tell me about some other store where they let you return a battery. Your dribble about voltage is equally ridiculous. There are only about 3-4 companies in the US that make...
179
179

ML350 tires
Hi, I need to replace all 4 tires on my 2003 ML350. I currently have the Dunlops and haven't been very pleased with the wear on the tread. I live in the city and am looking for an all weather tire. I...
2
2

1994 E320 DTC Code 4
I'm getting DTC Codes 4 and 26 on my 1994 E320 Wagon. I understand the 26 is upshift delay from reading some of your other posts. What does the code 4 mean? Thanks. Also thanks for explaining how to...

Front-end Noise
I have a 560SL that is making a strange noise whenever one changes directions, either forward to reverse or reverse to forward and applies the brakes. The noise is a loud clunk and almost makes you...
1
1

98 E320 sunroof
My sun roof will open using the overhead switch but the close operation of the switch is inoperative.I had to crank it fuses check OK.How do I get at the open/close switch to check or replace for any...
1
1

Redline v. Amsoil
I am seeking advice, information and opinions on the choice between Redline Synthetic and Amsoil for the Mercedes diesel engines. I have been using Amsoil synthetic on gasoline-powered engines for...
4
4

1999 S600
What would the expected annual maintenance of a Mercedes 1999 S600 with 49,000 miles be. Is this car a money pit Did they have most of the problems worked out by 1999 I realize it is a very...
3
3

Turn Signals Buzzzz ('93 300E)
My daughter called from college.. her '93 300E has started to buzzzz when she uses the turn signals.. she says the signal wand feels Ok, but there is a buzzing from the steering column/dash when using...
1
1

Vibration
I hear a vibration only when I put the car in drive and reverse only. What things do I need to check? -- Message posted using information at
8
8