Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

breaking fluid contamination problem
hi all, I just went to a mechanic who informed me that my breaking fluid is contaminated and that I need to change the whole breaking system. this is what he did : -he put some of the breaking fluid...
3
3

1985 380SE Sheep Skin Seat Covers for Sale
All, I have posted on Ebay Sheep skin seat covers from my 1985 Mercedes Benz 380 SE, of which I am the second owner. The auction is for 2 front seat covers and 1 rear seat cover in light grey. They...

E55 AMG Mat
Can anyone tell me where can I get E55 AMG floor mats UK model.

Fan Belt Noise -- squealing
Hi, Wondering if anyone else has this problem and how it was fixed. So far the the mechanic say it is the bearing in the fan assembly. He greased it and it went away for an hour and now it is back....
3
3

Fabric Fuel lines?
On my 84 300D, I have fabric hoses running from the main fuel filter, to the first injector, then out the other side of the injector to the next one and so on to the last one, and then its plugged at...
8
8

R107 Single Timing Belt
Recently the problem? of a single timing belt was discussed and a MB tech foreman wrote that it was never a recall but a Shop Memo. OK, my recently purchased '81 380 SL has a single belt, but my...
1
1

Power Loss 1980 240D (non-turbo)
Regards.... I'm experiencing very bad power loss on inclines, and when another car closes on me and 'drafts' in my wake. I suspect its due to fuel filters, but am curious as to how lack of back...
3
3

'92 300D fuel economy
Should I expect better than 29-31 mpg? It got as low as 24 when the waste gate wasn't closing.
7
7

190e 2.3 1986 very rough idle
Hi, I'm a newby to this. My 1986 190e 2.3 has been idling very rough for quite a while and I have not been able to find the cause. I suspect the Idle Control Valve is not working. MB part number is...
1
1

Wiper and windows stopped working 93 300E
Wiper and windows stopped working on my 93 300E. The under hood drivers sided box fuses all looked good but the windows work up and down using the door lock. Where else would a fuse be? What do they...
1
1

rough idle when warm - 81 300TD
Car runs like a watch in the morning when cool, but after that, it begins to idle very roughly at stop lights, etc. It almost seems like it's the ambient temperature (or the temp inside the engine...
11
11

Mercedes SL Roadster
I'm almost 80 , have this insane desire to buy a use SL Roadster and have about 25-30 Thousand to spend. What are your recommendations? Thanks for your honest opinions. Doug
10
10

'79 123 emission control?
One thing I've been curious about and I keep forgetting to ask... My car, a '79 300TD, smokes like crazy from the exhaust pipe. I pull up to a light, and a cloud envelopes the car to pull up beside...
7
7

Brake sensors; W123
My '79 300TD recently started seeing the "low brake pads" light. It started happening right after I had it in the shop because of some suspension problems I was having (broken sway bar mount). The...
4
4

Help! All guages / meters are off after I removed the front tires to check the thinkness of my brake pads.
Alarm went off when I lifted my front wheels because it thinks someone is stealing the car, then I turned off the alarm, put the tires back. The car starts fine, runs fine, there is light on the dash...
2
2