107 Bodystyle Soft Top Replacement

Does anyone have any experience on replacing the soft top on an SL? I've been told this is a bear of a job and will take a pro 8 hours. I've never tackled a
top, but fairly handy and have done some upolestry work; trying to decide whether to try this as a do it yourself project. Completion time is of no concern, I'm retired and the car sits in the garage.. Any comments on manufacturer's good or bad. TIA Jack (in FL)
The 107 service CD has instructions for those models.
Also for the 107: http://www.worlduph.com/mbtopinstall.htm
Other SLs will be different. We eagerly await your experience.