Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

240D flywheel placement
I did something stupid... When I removed my flywheel today I forgot to mark the position of my flywheel in relation to the crankshaft. I have looked over the flywheel for any markings and there are...
2
2

Smart Car Engine failure
All Smart car, 36.000miles, 4 years old. My daughter just gave me a bill for =A31500 for an engine rebuild on her Smart car, the engine blew up as a consequence of no oil. My question is this, the oil...
5
5

E320 Radio Code Input Procedure?
Hi all, I'm hoping someone here can offer some advice on this subject. My father just bought a used 2001 E320 and when he got it the radio code had not been punched in. After some effort he was able...
6
6

Car wont upshift
I just got my car to run, had recently pulled the engine and trans. While the trans was out i removed the pan and changed the fluid and filter. When everything was back it and ready, i drove it. It...
5
5

Position Sensor Solves Tachometer Problem
I replaced the position sensor (the sensor near the crankshaft balancer pulley on the front of the engine on my 1982 300 TDT) and now the tachometer works flawlessly. The wires inside the sensor had...

Needed, a replacement S/H engine for 350SL in Spain/UK
Needed, a replacement S/H engine for 350SL in Spain or the UK. A friend has asked me to locate a working secondhand engine for his 350SL which blew up recently. Can anybody please give me some...

w123 gearbox
Hi! can someone tell me is there a difference between 200d and 300d gearbox in w123?

1997 E420 Sport - In Need of New Low Mileage Engine
I am trying to source a relatively low mileage engine for my 97 E420 sport. Timing chain broke on mine and caused extensive damage. I'd sooner replace existing engine than repairing it.
1
1

C280 head bolt torque
Does anyone know the proper torque specs and procedure for the cylinder head bolts on a 95 C280 104 series?

Wheel noise? '79 300TD
When I take hard left turns, pretty much only when turning 90 degrees onto a new street, I hear this "kwuk kwuk kwuk" in the back, kind of like plastic bottles rolling around in the back of my car. If...
3
3

560sel question
Greetings fellow Benz enthusiasts, How does one remove the alternator Does it come out with its "suround" ?And what is the purpose of the large round steel bar that spans the width of the car from...
2
2

300e parts car
Hi I have a1987 300e (located in southeastern mass) that i am thinking of parting out or will sell the whole car if anybody is interested. the car was running fine a few years ago then wouldnt start-...

My trunk lock will not turn
I own a 1982 300TD. I locked my trunk the other day with my key. I then tried to unlock it today with my key, but the lock will not turn. Does anyone have any suggestions why my lock will not turn...

240D Clutch... Or Transmission...?
I fear the clutch in my 1983 240D is giving up. Most of the time, I have no problem shifting into or out of any gear. But on occasion, the clutch refuses to fully disengage, making it difficult to...
2
2

engine temperature in W124 2.0 TE
Hello Which temperature is proper for 2.0TE engine with LPG? Mine is near line above 80 degrees line. Is this correct? grtz dol
9
9