Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1990 300E
The "check engine" light comes on in my 90 300E when the car is not running and the key is removed. When the car starts, the light goes out. Can anyone offer a cause or suggestion... Thanks
1
1

Transmission Removal
84 500 SEL. My rear main seal has went, and oil leaks from where the trans and engine meet(its not a valve cover, i have checked many times). I can unbolt the trans from the engine and everything...
2
2

unidentified part up under pedals
Hello, Found a relay/solenoid up under the pedal assembly of my 1976 300d with automatic transmission. Not sure what it is or does. It has a somewhat "S" shaped stamped sheet metal switch attached to...
4
4

1999 E320 Mercedes AC problem
The temperature here is running about 100 degrees and my AC doesn't like it. When the car is first started, the AC works great. After a few minutes the compressor shuts off. If I stop the car, turn...
1
1

500 SL 107 won't start
Yesterday I replaced the fuel pump relais (the one with 'kick down') on it. Took the car out for a couple of miles, everything fine so far. This morning I started the car, it fired up but died...
4
4

C Class
Hi As I'm approaching retirement, I'm looking at getting my 1st Mercedes to replace my current 9 year old high mileage Volvo V70 Auto and I'm looking particularly at C Class's built 2005 to 2007....
15
15

81 300dt - dash rheostat
Can this be refurbished, or must I spend ~$75 for a new one? Is this a fairly easy job? It doesn't look terribly daunting at first blush. I've seen a kit (from mercedessource) to augment, or brighten,...
7
7

Changing American 380SL to Euro
While traveling in Europe I saw a European version of my 1981 380 SL. Liked it's looks a lot better. How much of the European stuff like bumpers, headlights, and interior dash is a direct swap and is...
1
1

Good clutch kit for 83 240 Diesel
Hi, I'll be putting a clutch in my 83 240D. Are there any differences in the clutch kits available for it? Autozone has the duralast (store brand) for $220 and one bu LUK for 350 or so, and I think...
2
2

1980 300SD Gas filter washer?
On my 1980 300SD there is a metal washer that goes under the bolt head on the can type diesel fuel filter. This bolt goes in from the top, through the filter housing, and holds the filter on. This...
2
2

A140 Starting problems...........
Ive got an A140 Classic SE SWB AUTO its a 2003 and Im seeing problems when trying to start it. 3 times in the last week, when trying to start it I get nothing and have to sit for 1/2hr and try...
5
5

Central Locking W140
If the central locking system does not function on a W140 (500 SEL), is a faulty PSE pump the likely culprit? The pump has been reset by disconnecting the battery, and the fuse checks out ok. I guess...

1969 280SE - fuel injection to carb?
Hi, I'm the proud owner of a 280SE that has fuel injection problems like I cannot begin to describe. Basically I've decided that it's easier, and will likely save more fuel if I simply remove the...
7
7

n00b question 300d
hey, i have a 84 300d sedan. i don't know if it's turbo. were they all turbos then? how would i know? just curious. i don't really hear that tell tale turbo whistle sound.
3
3

84 300d 123 rear end noise
hey all. i have been hearing weird creaky sounds from my back end (joke opportunity!) maybe i need new struts/shocks? it almost sounds like there is something rolling around in the trunk but it...