116 Steering's moaning & groaning - solved!

During th last few years my 116's steering moaned and groaned in low speed - large steering angle - movements. The noise started soon after an alignment so I suspected the idler arm's nut was over tightened
crushing its bushings. Last week I found that wasn't so and ordered a steering damper - the more obvious suspect.
So after 26 years and 110K miles, the original damper is history, simple r & r job - two 17 mm wrenches.
Should have followed my own advice to first look at the simple stuff.
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!