Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

W124 parts car
folks, i am selling parts from the following cars: - '92 300D 2.5 turbo - '89 300TE most of the parts still on the cars, let me know what you need. i am live near Raleigh NC thanks

mercedes car parts
Hi All, I see a lot of good information on this group. I want to bring a websites to your attention which was a real money saver for me. Great supply of parts. respectfully, Frank G
1
1

WANTED--126 workshop manual on CD
I am trying to find a copy of the workshop manual on CD for my 81 300SD part# P-2700-126-099 I can only find the subscription service on and would prefer the CD set. Thanks Bret
15
15

Manual for '83 240 Diesel
Hi all, I just picked up an' 83 240 D with a WVO (waste veggie oil) supplemental fuel system and I'll be doing the clutch along with whatever other maintenance comes along. Can anyone recommend a good...
8
8

E320 Engine Coils
I recently read an article about replacing the engine coils if you replace the ECU. (96 E320). The car has 200k miles, and I'm not sure if they have been replaced. Should I replace the coils anyway,...
1
1

s430 questions
hi, i just got a 2004 s430 and i am having a couple of issues i can't answer 1. it is called "special edition". any clues what features this edition has over the regular 2004 s430? 2. when i turn the...
1
1

W124 front springs
hi anyone done the front springs on '88 ish W124? my 88 230 TE failed its test on a broken front spring (etc.), the guy who tested it for me (a mate) quite gracefully got out of the job claiming to be...
6
6

TE fuel system
hi just out of interest while replacing the rusty bits in my fuel system I discovered my '88 230TE has two petrol pumps, one of the earliest with this change.... anybody know why Merc changed this,...
5
5

CDI starting
Hi, I noticed I can easily start my E 220 CDI (W210) without preheating although instructions recommend to preheat. Is it ok to do so or do I risk damage in some motor part? Thanks! Kind regards...
7
7

For Sale: 1967 Mercedes-Benz 250S
I've got a 1967 Mercedes-Benz 250S (108 chassis) for sale, asking price of $2500. It's located in Bethany, Connecticut. The body is very good with little rust and presentable black paint. The interior...

Tire confusion for my 300CE
I have a 1990 CE with 200k miles. For few years I've been running Michelin MXV4 Energy Plus, size 205/60/15. Nice and quiet and good handling. I know the book calls for 195/65/15, and I can no longer...
3
3

91 300SL Rim Question
Hi, I ran into a 4X4 wood scrap someone dropped on a freeway, anyhow my front rim bent and cracked pretty bad,so now I need a new rim, or two. Anyone know where might get one or two at a reasonabe...
2
2

Leaks
I have a 1989 MB 560SEL. When I first got it, it ran fine. Now the last 3,000 I've noticed that there is always an oily residue on the bottom of the engine, also noticed an oil smell the car when I...
4
4

I need help
I have a W210 2002mod and have to deliver my central instrument panel for repair due to no indicating outside temperature and several missing pixel in clock and gear indication. This takes about a...
5
5

Mercedes quits and holds up traffic
Seldom in this age of reliable cars do I see a stalled car blocking traffic. I was reminded last evening it stall can happen, particularly if the car is a Mercedes. A recent model Mercedes sedan had...
1
1