123 half axle

Hi all, With the car jacked up, how much free play should the half axle have before it turns the driveshaft? This is an automatic, in neutral. I am suspecting a bad differential or busted gear somewhere in the back end,
and I have some play in the offending wheels half axle, just not sure how much it should be ?? Thanks ahead, Jim