123 into 115 ???

Just a quick question, does anyone know how easy/hard it would be to put a 123 engine into a 115? My car is manual (not sure if that has any bearing on it) and I would prefer to keep it that way if possible.
My motor is going to need to come out for some work this winter (head off, new rings, etc) and I am pondering the option of just putting a good lump from a rusted 123 into it instead. Mike
--
W126 300SE
W115 220/8