123 parking brake adjustment

I have an 82 300D (220K and going strong!) and was wondering if when turning the adjuster wheel inside the rear drums is there only so far that they will
turn before they stop turning. I can't get mine to turn and was wondering if they have reached it's maximum adjustment level and I need new pads for the parking brakes, or they are frozen. Any advise or information would be greatly appreciated. The parking brakes haven't been the same since a relative borrowed the car this summer...
Joe
there is also a cable adjustment, though i don't know how to do it. Richard

Can you back the brake off far enough to get the rotor off? If you can, then you should be able to check the condition of the brake. If memory serves, I was actually able to peer inside the hole on the hub and see the difference the turning made. If you don't see any difference, then you're probably just spinning your wheels. (Sorry about the pun!)
Sounds like the relative drove it with the parking brakes still on. "It ain't got no power, Martha!"
Larry In the back yard, under the oak.
BTW, you do realize you have the have the parking brake off to adjust it, right? Richard

On 2004-12-20 18:50:02 -0800, "marlin"

Make sure the pads are good, and then if the adjuster is stuck, disassemble and clean it.
You usually want the hand brake to start kicking in after about three clicks on the hand break.