123 wheel replacement

Can anyone tell me if the 15" rims from a W124 1989 260E will fit on my '85 300D? Does anyone know what the offsets are? Gary

No... actually any W126 wheels will work just fine on your W123. Offset depends on the width of your wheels. Offset generally speaking is anywhere between 15mm to 25mm.
The W124 are anywhere from 37 to 44.

Nope.
W126 was the breakpoint. 126 and any anything previous have interchangable wheels.
If you want 15" wheels you'll need to get them from a late model 126.
http://www.dieselbenz.info/prettier_wheels.htm