124 300TE covertable to diesel?

I own a 92 300D (2.5) and can get a 92 300TE at a very reasonable price. I would like to covert the wagon to diesel using the 300D as a donner. My major areas of concern are:
- will transmission have to be swapped? - is the rear end in the wagon geared correctly for diesel? - will the TE wirring harness support diesel controls (sans the glow plugs) - what other major am i overlooking? thanks
Recertification from state for converted vehicle... trouble with insurance... etc... Too much work.