Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1983 300cd A/C compresor clutch not engaging
Hello all, I have an 1983 mercedes 300cd. The a/c compressor clutch is not engaging. I have tried all the things I know. It is not the pressure switch, I put 12 volts to the compessor side of the...

1983 300cd A/C compressor not engaging
Hello all, I have an 1983 mercedes 300cd. The a/c compressor clutch is not engaging. I have tried all the things I know. It is not the pressure switch, I put 12 volts to the compessor side of the...

Help Help 300E Runs till warm then sounds terrible then dies
Just a little bit of a dilemma. I live in Long Beach, Calif. Anybody know of a good mercedes mechanic around here. I have the 300E with the problem, a 500 SEC no known problems, a 300 CE just idles...

New pics
I (finally!) got around to putting up the pics from the 2003 and 2004 Amelia Island Concours: the W111 Coupe pics categoy:

Mercedes only cranks over,when I spray a little starting fluid
I have a 1993 mercedes 500SEL,I had it parked for about 8 months,due to radiator was leaking,so I just installed a new problem I'm having is the engine will sound like it's gonna run,and it doesn't,so...
3
3

Handbrake waring light
Hi, I have a n A160 avantgarde, on which I have just replaced the brake pads all round. Whilst the brakes are working perfectly, the handbrake warning light on the instrument panel, remains constantly...
1
1

123 Chassis - 240D problems
My 1977 240D won't sustain a low speed idle. By that I mean that once started, the revs constantly increase until the engine is roaring. The car can only be driven by downshifting the 4 speed manual,...
2
2

300E Runs until warm then STOPS
I am wondering if anybody has any experience with a 300E Running good until it warms up --- then it shut down. DIES. It won't start until it cools down. Have replaced the water pump, the idle control...
12
12

500 SEC engine starts and stops
I have my 500 SEC for 2 Years and she always I had to recharge Battery but she started no Problem.until recently.I connected re-charged starts ok but after 2 seconds engine stops.I hear the Fuelpump...
2
2

Gear Shift Rattle 1999 E300TD
Lately I've noticed a gear shift rattle while driving at various speeds before 4th gear. The transmission shifts OK, but the rattle is starting to become a bit annoying. Does anyone know what could be...
3
3

PICS: Here comes the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG - Nice!
The first official shots of Mercedes? new high-performance C63 AM saloon have been released showcasing Stuttgart?s new sledgehamme sedan that?s set to compete with the upcoming BMW M3 and Audi?s RS4...
1
1

1999 w210 Fuel pump intermittant
Occasionally, and more frequently as of late, the engine fails to re-start after sitting for a few minutes. I suspected the fuel pump circuit and validated this by attaching a switched buzzer to the...
5
5

Considering buying a 1998 E320
Hi all I am considering to buy a 1998 E320 AWD Mercedes. I am going to be a first time car has about 59,000 likes on it. Do u think it is a good buy? how many miles do u think it will last? Thanks
7
7

fuel pump wire
1984 500 SEL euro .Car quit the other day (ran out of gas, and my fuel gauge doesnt work). I didnt think it was gas though, because I just changed the fuel filter, so I figured maybe something came...
2
2

Import Compliance Compenents
Thanks to who have replied to my previous posts/questions. I have been driving the 230CE with a 190E 2.3 engine transplant around town this week. It starts, idles,and runs great. It does have a bit of...
2
2