126 MPH Jaunt Leads to Jail: Man Gets 12 Days for Sprint on GW Parkway

Holy Craps, 126 in South California would make him a hero on the freeway. Its either 126 or stopped dead here.

Reply to
SW

Must be a inbuilt design, apparently they want people to go through a car every couple of years.

cp

Reply to
cp

every couple of years.

Well, that's one way to insure they stay in business, as as Barnum, the carnival owner once said, "There's one born every minute." (A fool that will buy tickets to my carnival.)

I really don't know how GOOD companies stay in business. I had a General Electric uwave oven that lasted from 1976-2006. Of course I bought another last month when the old one went out. But the folks that built that original oven are probably dead and gone so it did them no good that I was a repeat customer.

Point to ponder? Not really. ;-)

Reply to
James O'Riley

I guess it's a case of built in obsolesence.

But the people I know who've lived in Japan say that it is strongly encouraged for people to recycle their cars every couple of years, perhaps they need the metal.

cp

carnival owner once said, "There's one born every minute."

Electric uwave oven that lasted from 1976-2006. Of

that built that original oven are probably dead and

Reply to
cp

My Merc ('98 C230) has 109,000. I agree on both counts!! ;-)

Davehd

Reply to
Dave HD

Uh, let's keep in mind that the truck weighs in at over 4,200 pounds. 115 mph is a LOT to be pushing 4200 pounds to!! Especially with the aerodynamic coefficient of a barn door!

Davehd

Reply to
Dave HD