Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Location of CD Changer in a Mercedes ML350 (2004)
I have just bought a 2004 ML350 and wanted to know th location of the multi stack CD changer, I have the magazine, but foolishly cannot find the changer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3
3

How to Replace Motor Mounts for 1983 300D?
Has anyone ever replaced the motor mounts in a 1983 300D? I have a 2-ton jack to jack up the engine, but I can't seem to access the bolts to loosen and remove the mounts. Any suggestions?
2
2

1997 SL500 Visor hinge cover
New to this forum. Please help. Purchased visor hinge cover from dealer. Cannot figure out how to get visor support rod through opening in hinge cover. Afraid to disassemble > Did it on another car...

1996 SL320 Warning lights
I have a 1996 SL 320 soft top and the warning light on the raise/lower button for the roof and also the manual rollbar switch have come on and stay on. Is there anything I can do or must I go to an MB...

Economy light on A/C stuck on!
The EC light on the A/C is stuck on and I can?t get it to go off. Not only is it on but it has my A/C compressor locked out. Does anyone know a way to reset or get around it?
2
2

CD Changer in 1999 E320 Wagon
The 6-CD changer in my 1999 E320 Wagon started to fail and flake out. So I bought one on ebay, but didn't do enough homework before buying. The failed unit in the wagon was model: MC3198. The...
4
4

overheading
1985 mb 500SEL; overheading above 100c; removed thermostat; still over heats between 100c and 120c. Any suggestions. Is the fan supposed to run at one speed no matter how fast the RPM is? Could the...
7
7

Re: Daimler-Chrysler Divorce Negotiations Underway
This is a REALLY good question. In 2005, Mercedes lost money, but Chrysler paid their bills. This year, the media are all reporting that Chrysler is a drag on Mercedes and how bad Chrysler's problems...
7
7

Barn find
Not many M-Bs, but it just goes to show, sometimes the urban legends are true.
2
2

bought a 560SEL
1991, beautiful car, 118k. white /tan interior. $3k Went with the 560 due to my experience with my 300SD and 240D. Love thes older cars! I absolutely hate those "check engine" lights on newer cars. I...
3
3

fuel pressure
Can anyone tell me how my 73 mercedes 450sl, electronic fuel injected can flood itself out afer about 30 minutes, and all i can get is 40 lbs of pressure out of 80. I dont understand why it would...
1
1

1972 280se 4.5L needs to reconnect.
What wires go Where When reconnecting the Ignition Control Unit (ICU)?

still low pressure
My 73 450sl has a new fuel pump and pressure regulato and i still only have 40lbs instead of 80. It stil floods out. Can a leaky injector cause low fuel pressure? Or the intank screen, do you have to...
6
6

ICU with Petronix?
How should the Ignition Controll Unit (ICU) on my '72 208se 4.5L with Petronix electronic ignition (EI) be connected? Does EI negate the need for the ICU? Where do I get a wiring diagram (shop manual)...
6
6

1984 500 SEL Oxygen Sensor Location
I just had the car on ramps trying to find the o2 sensor, but I had no luck. can someone tell me where it would be at?
4
4