Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

orange warning light
I have a 300SE 1993 Petol 3.2 Litre Can anyone tell me what the orange warning light is for. It is situated between the ABS and Handbrake lights It comes on occasionally after about a 2o minute run...
2
2

Help 1984 500 sel
Hi all, Have a prob with my "new" 500 sel. Its a 1984 and had been sitting awhile, it runs good but has a poor idle doesn't smooth out till about 800 rpm, and it also has been blowing black smoke,...
2
2

Mercedes Parts?
Hi what is the cheapest place to get parts for my 1991 6cyl 300tdt? Are many of the parts the same between the wagon and the sedan? and the 5cyl and the 6cyl diesel? I am in Canada (west coast...
4
4

Re: great news for the fat odd job man from NY...
Because you're stupid, poor and have the business reputation of a crack dealer. This domain may be for sale!

1999 CLK 320 replacement spark plug wires
Hi all, I've just purchased a 1999 CLK 320 (140,000 kms). The MB dealership is doing an inspection, and told me the spark plug wires are frayed, and arcing (which may explain why the engine's in...
5
5

Thump from dash
I hear a repeating "thump" from inside the lower dash about once a second when my car ('99 E320) is running. I remember seeing a post about this in the past but can't recall the specific resolution....

MB newbe 78 350SE
Went and looked at a 78 gray market 350SE (I'm in US) it has had reinforcements done on the bumpers, the DOT headlights and reinforcement in the doors back in 1983 is when it came in. Anyway, I have...
4
4

trailing arm replacement
Does anyone know where I can reference info on trailing arm replacement procedures for my 1982 300CD?

license plate lights stay on
Just noticed that the license plate lights stay on even after you turn the ingnition off (and take the key out). Aren't these supposed to be wired to the curcuit for the lights? The only other work...
7
7

2002 C320 FSS "B"
Hi everyone, New here & nice to find a group where I can ask a few questions... 1.) Car hit 40k+ mark so no warranty. FSS "B" is coming up & dealer wants $425. A local Benz shop has quoted me a price...
7
7

81 300D electrical weirdness
I drive an '81 300D. I was driving home from work one night recently and I quickly noticed that I was riding cyclops. The right low beam was out. I flicked the turn signal stalk back, and both high...
5
5

sprinter 311cdi restricted rpm
Hi just aquired a 311cdi sprinter but has limited power won?t go past 3500rpm Not very mechanicaly minded can only asume there is a restricter switch some where the van was stood for a year. any...
2
2

300E 2.6 cold starting problem
Just got a 1990 300E 2.6 with 170k on it, and it has problems starting after it has sat for more then 4 hours. So far my friends and I have come up with maybe the fuel pump is losing its prime and...
2
2

1978 300D control arm bushing replacement
Hello, I need a bit of advice on the control arm bushings. My control arm bushings are totally shot, I am able to move the upper control arm up and down a few inches with a bar. The lower bushing also...
6
6

1988 300E Electrical Problems Interior Lighting
The interior courtesy lights operate erratically or sometimes not at all when activated by opening the driver's door. The other 3 doors work fine. Sometimes they flicker, don't come on at all, come on...
3
3