Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1988 300E Engine Surging Idle and Stalling
Our E300 can run fine, other times the engine Engine idle always surges somewhat. At a stop the engine can surge enough the brakes need solid application to keep the vehicle motionless. Other times...
7
7

Bench test speedometer mercedes
Group, I want to test or run a speedometer on a workbench. I am not trying to calibrate or test any thing other than the fact that the speedometer drive operates and the odometer gearing is in tack. I...
1
1

1984 Mercedes 500SEL clutch fan wont shut off
The clutch fan after the radiator always seems to be on. Is this normal? Its very cold here in Michigan, and the car really doesnt get hot and the heat isnt as hot as it should be, even with the heat...
1
1

Upgrade Car Kit in 2002 C220i
Hi, I've just joined the Mercedes 'club' having just purchased a lovely 2002 C220i estate. It has a Mercedes fitted mobile car kit, suitable for the Nokia 6310i. I have a Nokia 6230. Is there an...
2
2

1987 300E Electrical Gremlin
My 1987 300E suddenly developed some sort of sporadic loose or poor electrical connection somewhere. A week ago the radio (Blaupunkt replacement) suddenly went dead, no lights at all on radio panel....
5
5

Replacement remote key
I posted an earlier question about how to find cheap(er) replacement remote-entry keys compared to the astronomical dealer price, and was directed to: the online dealer this site refers to has just...
2
2

1992 400E clutch plate ?
I have a 92 400e with 175K (2nd owner) and have maintained the car very well. I have a ticking sound when in reverse and mechanic is saying its a clutch plate (could be just the front or front and...
2
2

1979 Mercedes Engine Dies - What could be the problem?
1979 Mercedes 300 SD. The engine would idle rough (but good) and would run fine. During about a 1 hour period, the car hesitated a few times (semi dying) but then would go right back to running fine....
3
3

ML320 Clicking Noise in Dash
I have a 2001 ML320 and I have a loud clicking noise (almost like a loud clock) that seems to be coming from somewhere in the dash board. This sound occurs only when the temp control button is turned...
1
1

W126 Electrical
I have a 1986 300SDL. Does anybody know the P/N for the circular electrical connector that plugs into the locking mechanism in the trunk? Does Bosch make this connector? It would also be nice to know...
4
4

J. D. Power lists SL and SLK among most reliable luxury cars
the years, we have heard a lot of gripes about unreliable luxury cars. Lamborghini's LM002 "had the durability of a potato chip," one car- industry analyst remarked. Your typical Land Rover, one...
10
10

450SL Fuel leak
When ever I run my 1980 450sl, fuel leaks from a component near the back of the engine. I am not sure what this is. It is connected to the fuel line and is located about the middle of the engine on...
2
2

Can Airmatic be used to permanently raise car?
I recently purchased a 2006 E500 with the Airmatic suspension. As most of you know, the Airmatic suspension is used for suspension tuning (Comfort, Sport, etc.) and for vehicle level control (for...
2
2

Car will not turn over 1984 500 SEL
Ok heres the story. Car is a 1984 500 SEL with 199,000 miles. Bought the car, started and ran perfectly for 2 days. It has been blistering cold over here in michigan latley (0 degrees and negative 10...
2
2

Biodiesel and my W124?
Hi I would like to start making Bio-Diesel out of WVO and run my 1991 W124 300TDT on bio. First off is anyone from this group doing this with this car? (it is the 6cyl Turbo engine). If so, what...
3
3