Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ultra Low Sulfur diesel starting issues and gasket issues
I was filling up my '82 300 TDT yesterday and the tanker driver was filling up the station I was at at the same time. I went over and asked him if he knew if the Ultra Low Sulfur diesel made cars...
10
10

Diesel cold starting tip
Here is a tip that works for me. Maybe you already know it? Anyway, I open the hood, take an electric hair dryer and point it into the air cleaner intake and turn it on. My 300 TDT starts up in really...
1
1

Autohaus AZ compliment
A month ago I was in need of some parts for my 87 300SDL. I placed an order with AutohausAZ on a Friday, got the parts quickly. Last week I shipped the used parts that needed to be returned (core...
8
8

steering wheel removal
I need to get to an ignition switch in my MB 500 SEL (1985). Does somebody have an experience how to remove a steering wheel (airbag equipped), and dashcluster on this car? Thanks. A.N.
9
9

Help please
I am trying to correct a fault on a 1999 SLK230 We knew the pads were ready for changing but just before we changed them a warning lamp came on. The lamp is the ASR lamp. We were hoping that changing...
1
1

Anti-theft system got activated after radio got stolen, windows wont work, how to fix?
I have a Mercedes 300E 1986, my radio got stolen and the anti-theft system got activated and power windows wont move up or down. Has anyone had this problem before? and how can i fix it?

500 SEL (1985) ignition lock
Does somebody know how to get to an ignition lock in this car? I need to find possible short fuse or wire deteriorarion in that area. I removed some interior trimming. Now a big heating duct under the...
1
1

E320 CDi 1999 gear selection & display problem
:( My E320 has defaulted to crippled mode. It is not showing any automatic gear selection in the dashboard indicator and when you select D it only runs in first gear. You can select R with slight...
16
16

500 SEL electrical problems
I have Mercedes 500 SEL (1985). recently engine died on the road. Can not restart. Here is more details to the problem. 1. Fuel pump does not run with ignition key "ON". It does work when connected...
5
5

Tried to replace the manual fuel pump, but it doesn't fit?!?
('79 300TD; W123) Tonight I tried to replace my manual fuel pump 'cause the original one is leaking. I went to the dealer, pointed at the picture, and got the item ordered. I went back today, 'cause I...
4
4

85 300D Fuel Shut Off
I have a 1985 300 Turbo Diesel, pretty much original. Everything works (except the sunroof). I have had it about six months. The odometer, which I believe is correct indicates 275,000 miles. A recent...
1
1

'97 E 320 power steering hose (high pressure)
I had a friend who's a MB technician diagnose a leaking high pressure power steering line, and I'm getting set to replace it. While it doesn't appear to be much of a job (nipple fitting on one end,...
14
14

W210 Service manual
Does anyone know a good place to purchase a service manual for my '97 E320? Also, how about a decent parts dealer that specializes in MB? I remember about 10 years ago I used to order parts for my...
1
1

Fuel Injection
I?ve been a Detroit muscle guy most of my life but always respected what my father said was the best and bought a 450sl 80 about a year ago. It had been sitting in a garage for a long time which had...

S600 based convertible concept at Detroit Auto Show!
Even the flashiest of concept cars stands the chance of getting lost in the clutter at the 2007 Detroit Auto Show, but the Mercedes-Benz Ocean Drive convertible concept isn't likely to be one of them....
2
2