Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

what type of oil should i use in a 1985 190E?
ive been doing oil changes on this car myself.. but recently got t thinkin what kind of oil am i suppose to be using? i have been usin 10w30 oil. the car has over 200k miles.. still running like a...
5
5

Mercedes E Class 300 turbo - Key fob problem
I currently have a mercedes e-class 300 Turbo diesel 1999. My key fob is working ok with a strong signal but will not work my central locking or go in ignition. Any ideals whats causing the problem....
1
1

radio problems in cold weather......
i own a 1989 300 te, this car's radio acts up in cold weather, i live in ohio so when the weather turns below 40 my radio will not turn on and the antena refuses to work. occasionally the radio will...
6
6

Removing greasy nut
Trying to remove the cover under the fuel filter on my 91 300ce. Got all of them off except for one which will not budge. I'm using a 10mm socket which is the right size (9 is too small) but the...
1
1

Washer motor failing? W123
The rear washer won't spray in my '79 300TD. According to that Russian site that is often cited here, the motor is the same one that's in the front of the car. When I hit the button on the dash, I...
1
1

Official Mercedes Workshop Manual (1959-1967)
I've inherited this Official Mercedes Workshop Manual (1959-1967) from a friend whose father has passed away. The manual is in excellent condition and has been well preserved. service manual refers to...

A160 Fuel Smell. common problem?
Hi gotta a160 1999 model and i?ve got a fuel smell intermittant. I?ve heard its a common problem and one of the pipes goes porus. Can anyone tell me which one Thanks.
1
1

Need Normal Temp Gauge Reading- 99 E300 TD
Can someone tell me what the normal temperature reading should be and at what temperature the auxiliary fans kick in?
6
6

450sel
We have a 1975 450sel. And we have been having problems with it starting when its hot. It will crank for about 4 seconds before firing and then it sputters and still dosn't start, after a minute or...
2
2

R170 indicator light
My slk has a blown bulb on the wing mirror indicator cluster. Is there a special knack to taking the lens cover off or do I use brute force and ignorance?
1
1

Rolls drophead
Is somebody put a gun to your head and said you have to drive a car but you can have any one you want, this might be a good choice: Ask why the new Phantom Drophead Coupe uses a cloth rather than...
3
3

1980 240D vibrates excessively at idle
I drove my Dad's MB recently, and noticed excessive vibration when idling. Car has automatic transmission, with "drive" loading engine at idle, thus lowing RPMs below that observed with transmission...
9
9

travesty
What kind of sick mind does this to a 450SEL 6.9?
6
6

300ce shakes, acts like it will stall
A while back my 91 300ce started "shaking" when trying to accelerate uphill. Instead of revving up when stepping on the gas, it would just hold back and shake like it wasn't getting enough power. Now...
5
5

1986 300sdl Fuel lines question
I noticed my wife's fuel line was leaking down where it goes into the frame under where the back seat is....is there any way to get a better look to see the leak..like under the seat perhaps..thier is...
2
2