185/65/15 on a 300E rather than 190E

Hi all,

turns out I have a set of the above tires that were meant for a 190E available. Was about to go out and purchase a set of 195/65/15 for my

300E but then thought, why not use the smaller 185's for just around town driving... in the past I had a set of 195's on my 190E ... that did cause a shimmy which went away after 'very' careful balancing.

any thoughts?

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Stay with stock size. If you got shimmy with stock tire. It is most likely that the wheel balancer was not calibrated... 99% of the time.

Reply to
Tiger