Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

93 mercedes S350 W140 diesel-cooling temperature high
I have a mercedes s 350d-W140 1993 year. When I take out the wire out of cooling temp/sensor,gage does not drop to zero.when I plug again and I drive,gage is erratic.when I top the...
2
2

Modifying W201 190E output shaft (half axle) to fit ASD differential
I'm trying to fit an ASD (automatic limited slip) differential to my W201 190E. The original output shafts or half axles will be about 32 mm too long after the swap. The ASD output shafts are hard to...
2
2

Mercedes W124 Diesel evolution
What a better combination for performance? An 87 300D with a I6 3.0L Turbodiesel A 90 300D 2.5 turbo with a I5 2.5L turbodiesel A 95 E300 Diesel with a naturally aspirated I6 3.0L OM606 diesel. I am...

1991 Mercedes 300D
The #4 cylinder is has a low pinging or knocking at idle but the noise stops when I hit the accelerator. Anybody knows what the problem can be? Please advise.
5
5

'85 300D Climate Control and Hazard Flashers failed
Around the same time, both the climate control and hazard flashers in this car have failed. The climate control has a horizontal row of buttons for "function" I guess, a dial for temperature, and a...
5
5

Vacuum op. accessories and Tune-up
Hi all, glad I found you. I just bought a 1977 450SLC with 150K on her, solid but kind of a basket case. No major repairs needed but the ignition system is in need of some attention (a little bumpy at...

Vacuum op. accessories
Hi all, glad I found you. I just bought a 1977 450SLC with 150K on her, solid but kind of a basket case. No major repairs needed but the ignition system is in need of some attention (a little bumpy at...
2
2

Buying 78 300D
I am looking at a 78 300D. The issue is its my first diesel and I have been told by the owner that the climate control servo needs to be replaced. They have set the servo so the heater works and...
6
6

1990 300 E transmission compatible with 82 300 D
I am wanting to know if a '90 300 E transmission is compatible with an '82 300D. I'm selling my 300 D as a parts car and someone called who has a 90 300 E and needs a transmission.
1
1

300 TDT hard to start with ultra low sulfer diesel
I have a 1982 300TDT (station wagon). I have been having a hard time getting it to start in even slightly cool weather since our fuel dealers here in California were forced by regulation to switch to...
10
10

300 SD idle speed
The garage set up my idle speed too high, around 1,200 RPM. I understand it's supposed to be about 800 RPM. How may I change it without taking the car back to the shop at $90 an hour? It just runs...
9
9

240D instant start now, thanks for the advice
Great group. Replaced 4 glow plugs, used the 1/4 drill bit, made sure they were Bosch, as soon as the glow plug indicator lamp goes out she fires instantly. Thanks for all the info and help from this...
1
1

looking for self-written texts (tunig tips etc.)
Hi group, and sorry in advance, for some of you will for sure concider this post as spam. However, i have started a site for the exchange of any kind of written documents... from fiction to...

Window either won’t roll down or up on my ML320
I had trouble with my front passenger window of my ?98 ML320. It would roll down, but not up, and with winter here I was in dire need of a solution. I didn?t want to pay for a new part or take it in...

Problems with Mercedes e-class 220 cdi gearbox
I have an e-class 220 cdi. 2002. The dealership has just advised me that I need a new gearbox at 42000 miles! Has anyone else has a problem with their gearbox getting stuck in 2nd or 3rd. They want a...
3
3