190 engine swap...

Bill Ditmire, I appreciate the time you take to answer the many posts in this group. Here is a question for you: Will an 87 cosworth 2.3 16v swap directly into a standard 190E 2.3...or is there something I should know? Thanks loads, Joe

Reply to
Joe Caneen

If you have a donor 16 valve, it will make the job much easier, since you'll need the ECU and wire harness from the 16 valve engine, the radiator, and will have to block off the SLS rear suspension pump. The fuel pump relay is different and the 16 valve used dual fuel pumps which the 2.3 didn't use until '88. The 16 valve also had the ASD limited slip differential, so that would be nice to have with the swap.

Reply to
MTI

Reply to
Joe Caneen