190 TD 5speed

Has anyone ever converted a 190TD Auto to a 5-speed, and if so, can the parts be had in the US? My Auto Transmission is starting to fail and I would love a 5-speed.

Reply to
Bock

What year do you have and is there a available attachment for a clutch pedal ,hole for a clutch master cylinder and a nipple on your brake reservoir to add a line?It is quite the job also!

Reply to
CaptainW116

CaptainW116, Thanks for responding...

The year of my car is 1987, it has the 2.5 turbo diesel engine. I've been told to just keep changing the transmission oil, and live with the funky shifting, It should last for years.

I'm not sure if there is an available attachment for a clutch pedal or a hole for a clutch master cylinder. I'm sure it is quite a job, thats why I doing as much research as I can before I jump in.

Capta> What year do you have and is there a available

Reply to
Bock

I am positive there is one on 84 190D (attachment and hole). I changed it from auto to manual using a GL68/20A-5.So maybe there is,I wasn't sure though.Still, if you find a way,very nice upgrade!

Reply to
CaptainW116