Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Brake repair advise sought
I find that I need to repair/replace a leaking caliper on the left front of my '87 300SDL. My question is should I go ahead and replace/repair both front calipers or just the leaky one? Hoses too?...
18
18

Mercedes sprinter passenger seat removal
I have a 2002 mercedes sprinter 311 van with a double passenger seat. I wish to tip or remove the seat so I can access the space beneath it where there appears to be a fair amount of electrical...
1
1

Pls help...6 cyl or 8 cylinder Luxury autos ?
Pls help...6 cyl or 8 cylinder Luxury autos ? My sister in California is thinking of buying a "used" Luxury car / sedan around 5 years old like a Mercedes or Lexus. She is confused as to the gas...
1
1

94 S600 SRS LIGHT ON DASH STAYS ON TOO LONG...WHY ?
SRS LIGHT STAYS ON FOR 2 MIN THEN TURNS OFF, ANY HELP ON KNOWING WHY IT DOESN?T TURN OFF RIGHT AWAY LIKE THE REST OF THE LIGHTS ON THE DASH? IT USE TOO... BY THE WAY, THIS IS ON A 1994 W140 / S600
2
2

Coolant light problem Mercedes 300E 1992 110,000 mi.
Dashboard cooling light (yellow picture of water in a "can") comes on faintly then gets brighter as i drive but never fully bright. I live in California in a cool climate..Palos Verdes on the ocean....
7
7

Diesel Turbo Charger
Is it possible to attach a 1986 Mercedes 300SDL 3.0L V6 Turborcharger on a 1990 Mercedes 300E 2.6L? If not, are there any W124 Turbo Chargers for the Mercedes? Thanks.
5
5

oil comsumption E320
On my recent 1000 mile trip at speeds 73-80...My e320 (95000mi)used 1 qt Mobil 1 synthetic seems higher than in the past? or is this normal for engine of this mileage? Thanks for comments
6
6

Sunroof Pan
'81 300TD. I knew this car had rust probs when i got it, however i didn't expect to find the sunroof pan turned to powder. i pulled it out and put in the pan from my wrecked DT. Nice fit. However, the...
1
1

BAS/ESP and ABS lights on after battery replacment
with replaced battery how do I reset these dash lights? Thanks
1
1

123 Sunroof leak 300D
I believe that I have a sunroof leak. I found the two front gutters. For anyone else with this problem, the front drains are in the front corners and can be seen when the sunroof is open. These...
5
5

73 450sl electronic fuel injection
is it possible that if the vacume advance is not working it could cause flooding?
2
2

Heated Seats
I recently purchased a '99 E320 with heated seats. Question, does just the seat bottom heat, or does the seat back heat as well? Right now only the seat bottom heats up on my car, and I'd like to know...
1
1

still flooding
my 73 450sl is still flooding after getting warm. I put a new cold start valve and temperature sensor. Any ideas (electronicic injection.

300E Tie Rod Question
Hi Everyone... Ihave posted here many times in the past and found the site to be great help. I have a 1989 300E. The car had a few bugs that I have been able to get fixed over the past several months....
3
3

Black S Class with tinted windows
Apropos of nothing in particular I can report that there are very few Ladas on the streets of central Moscow. Quite a few Volgas though. The largish number of black S Class Mercs, some with tinted...
4
4