190D 1960

I am trying to resuscitate an old diesel (1960 190D) that had been standing for 20 years. I drained and purged all the fuel items I could find but even
after all the purging I do not get any fuel out of the #1 & #2 fuel lines. I assume the injector pump is clogged or plugged. Am I going to have to have the pump rebuilt or can I try some solvents first? Any other ideas? Thanks wolf1
Wolf -
Were you able to clear your Number 1 and Number 2 lines themselves? If not, check them first. Otherwise, you can always try a can of Lubro Molly's Diesel Purge; if it doesn't clear things up for you it certainly won't harm anything in the process. I should imagine an Injector Pump dismantle would be the last resort.
Good Luck,
- Bill

The lines are clean . I took them off. The injector dismantling is a formidable job and I undertake it with great hesitation but since I am obviously not getting any fuel from 1&2 I do not see that I have much choice. Thanks for your interest. wolf1

The pump is out and the #1 &2 "cylinders" on the pump do not move..frozen?? Will penetrating oil help here or am I looking at a rebuild of the injector? wolf1
Wolf - I don't see where penetrating oil (such as WD-40) would cause too much harm to the interior workings of your injector pump. Give 'er a shot (if you haven't already) and let us know your progress when you can. - Bill

I got the tappet sleeve loose but the piston in the middle was still stuck. I took it to a shop that was willing to just tackle that aspect and not "rebuild" the entire pump routine. I should have it back next week. The clearance on the pump piston is so small any dried out diesel would "varnish" it shut. The 2 pistons that were in the up position and had the most metal to metal contact were the ones that are stuck. I will let you know the outcome. wolf