190D 1960

I am trying to resuscitate an old diesel (1960 190D) that had been standing for 20 years. I drained and purged all the fuel items I could find but even after all the purging I do not get any fuel out of the #1 & #2 fuel lines. I assume the injector pump is clogged or plugged. Am I going to have to have the pump rebuilt or can I try some solvents first? Any other ideas? Thanks wolf1

Reply to
wolf1

Wolf -

Were you able to clear your Number 1 and Number 2 lines themselves? If not, check them first. Otherwise, you can always try a can of Lubro Molly's Diesel Purge; if it doesn't clear things up for you it certainly won't harm anything in the process. I should imagine an Injector Pump dismantle would be the last resort.

Good Luck,

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Schmidt

Reply to
wolf1

The pump is out and the #1 &2 "cylinders" on the pump do not move..frozen?? Will penetrating oil help here or am I looking at a rebuild of the injector? wolf1

Reply to
wolf1

Wolf - I don't see where penetrating oil (such as WD-40) would cause too much harm to the interior workings of your injector pump. Give 'er a shot (if you haven't already) and let us know your progress when you can.

move..frozen??

Reply to
Bill Schmidt

Reply to