190D MPG

I'm considering a 1988 190D, and wondering what kind of real world mpg I could expext. 2.5L, auto. One US gov site says 30 city / 24 hwy; what do you think? Also, is that non-turbo engine a dog or can it climb hills?

It will slow down on hills. I had a 72 PS W123 weighing 1.4 t. A lighter 190 with more hp won't be quite as slow.
What's the horsepower?
DAS
You mean 34 MPG for highway... not 2-4. I always find my car running at what the gov't said average... sometime a bit more if the car is just broken in.