190E 2.6 1992

Is there a simple way to check/ reset the timing on my car, or is it electronically set, can't find timing mark... symtoms are startup struggle to relatively smooth idle poor gas mileage, and having to floor it to get kickdown to activate, instead of merely toe pressure.....new plugs, 0.32 distributor cap, rotor, plug wires, oil filter oil, air filter...runs good, not great

Reply to
r parris

Does it run at its full operating temperature?

Does it warm-up quickly?

Could be a bad thermostat that keeps the engine in its warm-up mode.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Oh yes, forgot, I replaced the thermostat wednsday, 87 degree. There just doesnt seem to be the peppy performance I remember, or expect after a virtual tune up. Tried injector cleaner also, mild improvement........fuel filter?...

Reply to
r parris