190E 2.6 1992 Engine Temperature

Hi, I just moved over from the Volvo Brickboard as I sold my last 240 :( Now I want to be involved with the general repair and troubleshooting of my 190E. I
love the car almost as much as the 240, but it does come at a $. Seems that the common problems such as temp, door handle, etc.. are driving me crazy. I can basically do most of any major mechanical and electrical myself, but lack the experience on the 190. What are some of the issues with this car's temperature (what should the guage read when normal?) Where does one get good used parts on line? My door lock tumbler is broken and from what I can tell, the metal alloy is garbage! Dealer wants $350. Regarding the temp, I believe that the head gasket is leaking around the #4 exhaust side. I am loosing coolant (none in the oil) How difficult is the replacement and at 113K miles should I look at replacing anything else while i'm in there? Look forward to contributing to this board if there is interests in the maintenance of the 190E 2.6. Thanks.