190E Antenna

I broke the power antenna mast on my 1993 190E 2.6. I presume I'll have to replace the entire unit. How difficult is it to remove and replace the power antenna? Are there any hidden pitfalls or tricks I should know?
Thanks,
Carroll
Try a car hifi shop -- you may be able to replace the broken mast only.
DAS

At least you've got an antenna.
My '98 C230 has some sort of built-in system that is absolutely awful - particularly on AM.
Pat

You know that sign at the automatic car washes that remind you to lower all antennae before driving through. . . . .
See Dealer, ...easy replacement part,... It happens all the time,... the mast, with three feet of plastic track connected, costs about 12.oo US, comes in a plastic bag with instuctions, unscrew plastic hold down cap, that mast goes through,( pull out whats left of mast plus track attached) Or turn on the radio. Antenna motor will push out remainder of mast and track. Notice the direction of the cogs on the pastic track.....and the old track length .. cut to fit.... Lightly lube track of new mast, feed into hole , cogs facing same direction....turn off radio ....Antenna motor gear will seat mast .. install holddown cap
You can just replace the mast... not too hard of a job.

even replacing the whole antenna is very easy - but expensive unless you use an aftermarket replacement Cheers Andy
Replacing your whole antenna is $200... replacing your mast is $20... take your pic.

as well as the old one did! Cheers Andy
FREE-BROADBAND http://home.iprimus.com.au/global11 /

FREE-BROADBAND http://home.iprimus.com.au/global11 /

FREE-BROADBAND http://home.iprimus.com.au/global11 /

Thanks to everyone for the very helpful feedback--it's good to know that I can replace just the antenna mast.
Carroll

FREE-BROADBAND http://home.iprimus.com.au/global11 /