190E convert to R134

I an preparing to convert a 190E with a Nippondenso A/C compressor to R134.

I don't see a drain plug to get the old oil out. What is the best way to drain it?

I am thinking of replacing the shaft seal. Is this much of a job? Is there any thing else that I should do?

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

There is no drain plug. To get that oil out you have to remove the compressor and dump it out. Don't bother.

Just use the conversion kit that has the compatible oil... Ester... and you will be fine. Any conversion kit sold at stores will be alright.

You do need to vacuum the system... Go to autozone and rent the vacuum pump. It is free.

Reply to
Tiger