190E electrical problem

On my 85 190E the other morning when I was driving to the train station the turn signal would not work but the hazard warning lights did. After work, the car would not start. I noticed a clicking sound coming
from under the fuse box area without the key even in the ignition. I turned the key in the ignition trying to start the car and left it in the on position and the clicking stopped. I got a jump from someone and the car started right up and seemed fine including the turn signal. I put my charger on the battery and let it charge for several hours and let the car sit for a few days. It now starts right up. I've got 14 volts coming from the alternator and it does not vary when gunning the engine and turning on lights, radio and flasher but now the heater blower won't come on. When the car is turned off, the battery voltage is 13. I thought it was supposed to be 12.
Any suggestions on what's wrong? I suspected the alternator but now I'm not sure.
Thanks,
Bill

Either a very low battery, or the fuses are corroded and not making good contact. Spin the fuses in their holders by twisting them slightly and see if that helps. If it does, replace them.
Battery voltage sounds fine to me.
Good to have your battery checked.. if it is more than 2.5 years old.. ready for replacement...
Also, good to check the fuse of the over-voltage regulator if your car has one... in my car, this regulator is behind the battery...during jump start with a flat battery, the alternator could supply over voltage and blow this fuse... then in the next over voltage conditon, it may not protect the over voltage situation and will burnt out all your electronics.. including the expensive fuel control system etc...

Ditto on the overload relay... you might have to change it completely if battery checked out okay.