190e floorboard noise

My wife just bought a 1992 190e 2.6 liter. Every time she accelerates from a dead stop there is a loud clicking from under the front floorboards (it seems). It also so happens as she's coming to a stop. Any ideas about
what might be going on?
Thanks, Bill

Flex Disk?
Bill Balmer 1986 190e 2.3-16
could also be the clamp/brace for the exhaust pipe being loose.My 190e had that ,scared the hell outta me.